Your soul is attracted to people the same way flowers are attracted to the sun, surround yourself only with those who want to see you grow.
Typical yogi taking part in a self-love Sunday yoga session. Pose of the day: side plank with tree pose.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I can find Sunday’s to be so dreary and depressing. Maybe you didn’t get everything checked off your weekend to do list, and Monday is approaching too fast. Or maybe you had such a productive weekend that you just want a slow, relaxing Sunday before Monday hits you in the face!
We’ve all had our fair share of Sunday blues. We all can’t be our cheery perky selves (even though it is the season to be jolly), which is why (I believe) it is so important to show yourself some love. Be selfish and do something for yourself! This doesn’t always mean taking a long hot bubble bath, lounging in bed with Netflix, and devouring a box of chocolates. Of course those are sometimes necessary to do, so we don’t bite the heads off of everyone we encounter! I mean doing something to better yourself and set yourself up to have a KICK ASS WEEK!
I’m talking about:
1. Getting in your 30 minutes of exercise (mine was yoga). My body has been achy and stiff from all this half marathon training. Thank goodness the run is on Saturday and I can hang up my running shoes for a week or two! Never thought I would be so happy to take a break from running!
2. Cooking yourself something nutritional (Pad thai… hmm maybe not 100% healthy). But this is one of my favorite recipes! I substituted half of the rice noodles with zucchini noodles! I seem to slack on my daily dose of vegetables at times.
3. And then there is always knocking off some other productive items from the to do list. Mine was laundry, reviewing notes for a lecture I’m giving on Wednesday, and looking at some graphs for my first article.
4. Pick up a new book. I just started ‘A Little Life’ by Hanya Yanagihara. I’m not far enough in to give you any indication as to whether it is a good read or not, so stay tuned!
5. And if you still have a couple more hours in your day (and more energy!) do something festive and get in the holiday spirit! Wine and Christmas concert with your friend, yes please!
Enough about Sunday… Let’s conquer Monday!